New Year's Eve was equally quiet. Strangely though, this is actually our 3rd time ringing in the new year together. Funny thing, that. We had Toto and a couple of her friends over and we made tacos. Can I tell you how happy I was to eat a taco? That is the closest thing to Mexican food I've eaten in 5 months. And it was glorious. Despite the fact that our stove top wasn't working we managed to make it work. See, he does love me.
Now, for some non-paid advertising. Don't ask me to pronounce it, but I love the blog La Maison Boheme. She's funny, creative and inspiring. I pretty much want her house. And so, as inspiring is one of the things she's great at, she's inspired me. First off, I bring you my...
2012 Year in Review
- Finished my coursework at KU. Though my thesis is still in progress, this made me very, very happy.
2. The obvious. I married my best friend. What a great day that was.
3. Oh, also obvious. I moved to Ireland with said best friend.
4. I learned to drive a stick shift. Go me.
2013 To-Do List
- The obvious, finish my thesis and finish it well.
- Focus on doing things that make me happy. Not only that, but not letting my attitude be dictated by anyone/anything else. I want to be happy, I like being happy. And so, why should I let things get to me and make me unhappy? One of those things is studying more the scriptures and talks from General Conference, particularly this one.
- Write more letters and be better about communicating with friends and family.